Friday 30 September 2011

Balmain at Paris Fashion Week SS 12

Yesterday was a great day at Paris Fashion Weeks. So many unmissable shows and plenty of amazing clothes on display. The one show I'm always really looking forward to is by Balmain. This season was a first proper collection for new creative director Olivier Rousteing and I couldn't wait to see, what he'd do with the label. It was still very Balmain - very sexy, plenty of short hems, low cuts, strong shoulders, skinny trousers, but it seemed softer and maybe more pleasing to the eye. It must have been really hard filling Christophe Decarnin's shoes, as he did amazingly for the label, but I think Rousteing did really well.
The colour palette contains a lot of black, white and gold with some pale blue thrown in and there's also quite a lot of embellishment, but it's never too much. The collection seems really relaxed, yet still very sophisticated. I love the structured shoulders agains simpler bottom halfs. Well done to Olivier I wish him good luck for the future. If he started as he means to go on, then I expect some good things from him and plenty of followers to go with it. Now I'm rather excited for Sunday when they're going to reveal the Pierre Balmain diffusion line. What did you think of this collection?
Have a stylish day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I love reading them all and appreciate every single one.