Saturday 17 April 2010

fashion at the MET

There is something I am very excited about and I want to share it with you. This July, I'm going to New York for the first time and I can't wait. Apart from sightseeing which I love!, I am obviously looking forward to all the shopping I'm planning and also soaking up some culture as well. I'm glad to have found out, that at the time of my stay, there are two major fashion exhibitions going on. For those who may attend, I'll give you all the details and for those who will miss it, don't worry, I'll bring you all the highlights.
To mark the new relationship between the Brooklyn Museum and the Costume Institute at the Metropolitan Museum of Art(MET), The Brooklyn Museum presents and exhibition of some of the most renowed objects from its costume collection. Two exhibitons will run at the same time:
METROPOLITAN MUSEUM OF ART:
American Woman: Fashioning and National beauty 2/5/10-15/8/10

BROOKLYN MUSEUM:
American High Style: Fashioning a National Collection 7/5/10-15/8/10

Both collections will look at the history of women's dressing and how it influenced the way american women dress today. So excited!
Have a stylish day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I love reading them all and appreciate every single one.