Tuesday 16 November 2010

Sidewalk catwalk Broadway


In July I visited New York City and was very fortunate in a way, that there were lots of special fashion exhibitions and shows I could visit. Although I am sure there is always plenty to see and do anyway. One of the special projects was Sidewalk Catwalk - a series of mannequins put on Broadway between Herald Square and Times Square. The event was on between July 24th until September 3rd. Many famous names created a special outfit, to stand the test of time and weather conditions. Designers including: Diane Von Furstenberg, Prabal Gurung, Tommy Hilfiger, Michel Kors and Jason Wu to name just a few. In the end all the mannequins were auctioned and all the proceeds went to charity. In the following couple of weeks I'll be bringing you pictures of most of the display. It was very inspiring and I'm grateful to have seen it live.
Have a stylish day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I love reading them all and appreciate every single one.