Friday 14 January 2011

Frida Giannini


Frida Giannini replaced Tom Ford at Gucci. That, for me, was good enough reason to hate her. And stop liking Gucci altogether. I couldn't help but watch her though. Hoping she'd sink the label into oblivion. And although I would hate to admit it, she's done a great job (not sinking anyone). There were couple of shaky seasons I wasn't that keen on, but otherwise she showed everyone what she's capable of. To design covetable pieces everyone wants to wear. The ad campaigns have been sexy and sophisticated, just like the clothes, that just keep getting better with each season. I especially love the S/S 11 collection. The 70's vibe is so Gucci and it reminds me of Ford's work whilst at the fashion house, but don't get me wrong. It's Frida's own take on the trend and with all the vibrant colours, I couldn't love it more. So it's time to move on and embrace the new Gucci era. Sophisticated and sexy as always, I give Giannini thumbs up. And with Tom Ford back on the scene, things couldn't be better in the fashion world. Therefore I can become Frida's official fan.
Have a stylish day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I love reading them all and appreciate every single one.