Thursday 22 September 2011

Gucci SS 12 at Milan Fashion Week

Gucci or more correctly Tom Ford for Gucci, is why I started loving fashion so much, that I knew I needed to be involved somehow. Then he left and I was devastated. Along came Frida Giannini and I wasn't impressed. Not for a while anyway. But it all changed few seasons ago and then she really got me on her side with her last two collections (before yesterday's one).
This year the famous Italian brand celebrates their 90th anniversary and what a way to mark the occasion! Giannini showed us a collection with a true spirit of Gucci. Sexy, glamorous, powerful - for sophisticated women who know what they want and aren't afraid to get it. I have to admit I wasn't that keen on the first few look but then it came. The sparkle, the sexy cuts, great accessories. Main colours were white, black and gold (always a hit with me) and green. Just look at the green python handbag, it looks so luxurious yet perfect for every day. I like the pants with buttons at the bottom - nice detailing. And the boxy jackets - perfection.
The collection had a 1920s feel with all the drop waist dresses and fringing yet it was modern and desirable. So well done again to Frida and happy 90th to Gucci. To many more!
Have a stylish day.
(Photo: Style.com)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I love reading them all and appreciate every single one.