Sunday 18 March 2012

Vintage Sunday by Annie Leibovitz

The way I came to make today's Vintage Sunday post was anything but straightforward. Usually when I prepare this post, I want to include some recent news and fit it somehow in the past. I was thinking about Stefano Pilati and how I'm sad he's left Yves Saint Lauren. Don't get me wrong I'm sure Hedi Slimane who's replacing him will do great, but I still feel sorry for Pilati and I hope he's going to find a great new job soon or will start his own fashion label. Thinking about all of this I remembered how sad and shocked I was when Tom Ford left YSL and Gucci. Tom Ford is my favourite designer ever and this is how the story came about. I was going to post about his era for YSL, but I found this amazing editorial starring beautiful Natalia Vodianova shot by Annie Leibovitz for Vogue, interpreting Alice in Wonderland in a very clever and unusual way.
Above we have Alice falling into the rabbit's (Tom Ford) hole wearing YSL Rive Gauche by the designer.
Below you can see Olivier Theyskens and Natalie in his design for Rochas, Karl Lagerfeld and his Chanel Haute Couture creation, Christian Lacroix and Haute Couture dress by him, Stephen Jones who wears a custom-made hat of his own design, Dior Haute Couture by John Galliano, Alexis Roche, Atelier Versace dress and Donatella Versace and Rupert Everett all playing different parts in the story. Awesome editorial, no?
Have a stylish day.




(Photo: Style.com)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I love reading them all and appreciate every single one.