Friday 20 April 2012

Stylish answers - Liz Black

I loved Liz Black's AW collection so much, that I simply had to bring you some more pictures and of course a short interview with the talented designer. Among other things, we talked about THAT dress worn by Lady Gaga. AW is quite simple and minimalistic, but with interesting detailing and sexy, I love it and want everything! Read the interview below.
Have a stylish day.

1.) First of all tell me about Lady Gaga wearing your dress. Did it put a big spotlight on you and your work or it didn't have any impact at all?
Lady Gaga is a very daring fashion forward girl. It was great to see my dress in someone that appreciates fashion and enjoyed wearing it. It attracted a lot of press attention around the globe, including Vogue.UK, Elle.UK.

2.) What was the inspiration behind that dress/collection?
- Geometric and circular shapes inspired by the Orphist artist Sonia Delaunay.
- Print influenced by the work of abstract expressionist Jackson Pollock
- Masculine influences such as bow ties, lapels and collars sewn

3.) What other celebrity would you like to wear your designs and why?
More than a celebrity I would love to dress up the fashion icon Daphne Guinness.

4.) Did you always want to be a fashion designer? If you weren't a designer what would you be?
Since I was a child I used to design clothes for my dolls and later as a teenager I continued designing for friends and myself. I always knew I would end up designing for an audience. However I studied dentistry back in my country before becoming a fashion designer.

5.) What are your dreams/goals?
Showing on the catwalk at London Fashion Week would ultimately be one of the greatest things for Liz Black and being able to develop our label into an international highly desirable luxury brand, attracting loads of attention and generating significant press and celebrity placements.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I love reading them all and appreciate every single one.