Saturday 19 February 2011

London Fashion Week day 2

So it's the day too here at Somerset House. Loads of designers already presented their AW 11 collections and amongs today ones were big names like Jaeger, Henry Holland and Jonathan Saunders (more about him later).  Apart from being here I went round London today, because I had to do some stuff and I took some pictures that I want to show you. So I've got loads of exciting posts coming up in the next few days, don't forget to check regularly.
Today I want to show you pictures from yesterday's show I attended by Jasper Garvida and also share gossip from last night's Vauxhall Fashion Scout's 10th year anniversary party, both held at the Freemason's Hall in London.
Jasper Garvida has been on the fashion scene since November 2008 and has produced four ready-to-wear collections, all highly acclaimed. Its luxury womenswear is one to watch. What better way to describe the collection than in his own words:
Inspired by the novel ‘Soie’ by Alessandro Baricco – a romantic tale of a European man who becomes enchanted by the east – the collection focuses on contrasts, and the beauty that can be formed when two different worlds intertwine. With elements of 19th century design combined with an oriental silhouette, the collection incorporates strong streamlined tailoring and soft draping with demure skirt lengths that have been given a sexy edge in the form of daring slits and peek-a-boo cut-outs to reveal flashes sensuality.

The slick tailoring, armour-like-hand-embellishment and textured pieces are combined with beautiful, softly draped silk jersey and, lace pieces that depict the journey of two opposite worlds meeting, to create balance, harmony, grace and elegance – all of which serves to add an intriguing romantic undertone to the collection.

Jasper Garvida is one of the many designers showcased by Vauxhall Fashion Scout, who help promote new emerging designers to wider range of audience. They have helped exciting talent like David Koma, William Tempest, Felder Felder to name just a few. I was excited to be invited to their party celebrating ten years of being leading platform for design innovation. The free bar full of great cocktails, they had amazing home made sushi and cakes, the music was just right and the crowd interesting. I had a great night and have a few pics to share. Hope you'll enjoy them all.
Have a stylish day.







the cakes :)


my day look

to make my outfit dresssier, I changed my top, necklace and shoes
skirt is by Herve Leger

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I love reading them all and appreciate every single one.