Tuesday 10 May 2011

Introducing: Iris Van Herpen

What I love about traveling is discovering new culture, new places and everything a foreign country has to offer. I don't expect to discover much when I go home to Czech Republic, as I tend to spend all the time with my family and forget about everything else.
But that's exactly what happened when I went home last month over Easter. By reading the in-flight magazine I've come across a great new designer and man am I glad I did!
Iris van Herpen started her own label in 2007 and I hope for a bright future for her, that she thoroughly deserves. Born in Holland, she graduated in fashion design, she went on to get work experience at Alexander McQueen (you can see his influence).
She combines old craftsmanship with latest digital technology and the results are like a piece of art. The structure, shapes and attention to detail are simply breath taking. She showed twice at London Fashion Week and I'm hoping for a return. What do you think?
Have a stylish day.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I love reading them all and appreciate every single one.