Monday 19 September 2011

Mulberry at London Fashion Week

It's the day four at London Fashion Week and there are some great shows scheduled today. I'm most excited to see Burberry, Erdem and Christopher Kane. Christopher Bailey chose Hyde Park this season for his live stream event and if the weather stays good I think that's definitely the place to be ( other than the actual show).
But let's look back at day three. My favourite show from yesterday was slightly surprisingly by Mulberry. Why surprisingly? I'm the biggest fan of their handbags, give me Bayswater in every colour and I'll be the happiest girl alive. But their clothes... not so much my thing (although they've always had some interesting ideas, like the auburn wig all models wore two seasons back).
Yesterday's collection was the best ever ( in my eyes) and the star studded front row only confirms their cool status. Apart from the usual (Olivia Palermo is always there and so is Alexa Chung who was missing this time), Kate Moss made the biggest (twitter) headlines in her double denim outfit and so did Kristen Stewart ( I'm surprised she wasn't at last night' Emmy awards in LA). Ok back to the collection now. It had everything you could possibly need for a stylish spring. Flowing maxi skirts and dresses, amazing leather jackets, cool prints, some sparkle for the evening, fab accessories, varied colour palette with lots of nude and (yep you guessed it) yellow and more, all finished off with fabulous hair. There was not one piece I didn't like and I want to be that girl.
Creative director Emma Hill has done amazing job for the brand and I can't wait to see how they're going to be developing in the future.
Have a stylish day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I love reading them all and appreciate every single one.