Wednesday 19 October 2011

Jewelled Wednesday - by Maria Francesca Pepe

I first discovered MFP designs in February at London Fashion Week's designer's exhibitions. Her designs really stood out for me, but I lost my notes and never really wrote about her. Thankfully she was again exhibiting this September and finally I got round to writing a proper post she deserves. I'm in love with her SS 12 collection. So interesting and fresh. It really proves Italians are masters of design.
Maria Francesca Pepe is London based Avant-garde label of high end jewellery, set up in 2007 by Italian designer Maria Francesca Pepe. The Central St. Martins graduate's designs became a hit straight away with international press and buyers like Dover Street Market. Today she gets sold all over the world, having done some interesting collaborations with Amanda Wakeley, Emilio De La Morena and Topshop to name a few. She also designed four head-pieces in collaboration with Nicola Formichetti for Lady Gaga. The list of her achievements goes on. Hers are real stand out pieces and I really need some in my life.
In UK you can buy Maria's stuff in aforementioned Dover Street Market or at online places like YoungBritishDesigners.com - great platform for young talent and amazing place to discover new up and coming designers, Topshop.com and many more. Discover more about this great label at MFPepe.com.
Have a stylish day.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I love reading them all and appreciate every single one.