Tuesday 7 December 2010

Yasmina Alnajjar Cotillas - the girl behind the lens










Yasmina is a 20 year old girl I met over a year ago and got on with straight away. She has a very creative mind and I just love her photography. Since getting her new camera couple of months ago she has been unstoppable, clicking away and capturing some amazing images. I wanted to introduce the girl behind the lens so I asked her a few questions. Read the interview below. We're planning some photoshoots together very soon and of course I'm gonna tell you all about it. In the meantime you can check out loads of her photos at Yasmina's facebook page. They are beautiful and I predict we are going to hear a lot about this talented girl very soon.
Have a stylish day.




What inspires you?
I get inspired by the littlest things. I have a real emotional connection to the world around me and I can get inspired by even a windmill blowing in the wind. It sounds silly really, but life is truly beautiful to me and thats what is inspiring.

What do you like to photograph the most?
I prefer to photograph people. I'd love to get into the Fashion world one day, as it's portraiture with an exciting twist.

Have you got any photographers that you aspire to?
Since age 15 I've loved the work of Lara Jade... Other obvious photographers are Mario Testino and Tim Walker but I also love Nan Goldin's work, its very real life and emotive.

What do you think makes a good picture?
Something that reaches out to you, that makes you shed a tear or remember a precious moment you once had.

What are you goals in photography?
 My number one goal is literally to live off being a freelance photographer. My dream is to move into a city with a large apartment with a studio space. I don't see myself happy in any other job!

Thanks for answering my questions. I wish you all the success you deserve!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I love reading them all and appreciate every single one.